That one time I put cottage cheese in every meal I made ever? Yeah, cottage cheese is my love language.
Delicious, creamy, protein packed goodness, I love you.
Springtime, I also love you. Minus all the allergies attacking my face I think it’s becoming my favorite season. Everyone’s got a little pep in their step and people are finally coming out from hibernation.
Oh what's that? I actually DO have neighbors?? Thank you for showing your face!!
Sunny weather, cocktail dresses & fresh, crisp, clean foods – just yes to it all.
Spring also = picnic dates galore. *happy dance*
I think I drive Michael insane because no matter what we are doing I always want to do it outside. Working, reading, talking, eating, sitting, watching Netflix… just please let me frolic in the sun (!!!)
It’s a mood booster I promise.
With allllll that being said… I wanted to whip up the perfect little picnic meal for you guys.
FIT CHICK CHICKEN SALAD WUDDDPUPP!
I never realized how many people eat chicken salad until I started working at my desk job. The fridge has about 5 containers of different chicken salad all thrown around and to be honest… I kind of forgot chicken salad was even a thing?
- I didn’t grow up eating chicken salad
- The only time I saw chicken salad was in a nasty cafeteria at school, a gas station or in hospitals.
- It was always covered in mayo. NO THANKS.
Mayo is nasty mcnastyyyy.
I jazzzzed up this recipe with honey soy nuts, granny smith apples, craisins, pecans ANDD yummy seasonings. All wrapped up in beautiful butter lettuce leaves.
Cuz lettuce wraps just screammmm spring and when you cut the carbs you can eat more of this savory & flavorful deliciousness. Which you will want to.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 6 Lettuce Wraps) :
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup cottage Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Large Granny Smith Apple Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- 1 Tbsp Honey Soy Nuts
- 1 Tbsp Craisins
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
- Butter Lettuce Leaves
- Season shredded chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, & salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients to your bowl and coat chicken evenly.
- Top lettuce leaves & enjoy!